Bangalore pm meeting 22nd June 2013 went well
As described in the last post, Bangalore Perl Mongers planned for a meetup on 22nd June. It was attended by around 19 perl mongers (more than expected).
- Welcome speech:
The event started with a welcome speech. Everyone described how they started with Perl and discussed about YAPC::INDIA
- Lightning talks:
There were two lightning talks:
- Perl Internals given by Mr. Saravanan Thiyagarajan
- Interesting Perl modules by visu
- Followed by the lightning talks, there was a demo of mojocast presented by Mr. Suraj
- Snacks session
- Presentation on fun with one liners by Mr. Venkatakrishnan Ganesh
- Demo by Mr. Kiran
- Conclusion speech
Things to Improve:
- Better AV Streaming and better hangout session. This needs volunteers, so if you're interested, please feel free to discuss about this on the mailing list (Bangalorefirstname.lastname@example.org)
- There should be few more lightning talks and demos
- There should be a job fair.
- We can have T-Shirts for bangalore.pm. Please free to discuss about the design of T-Shirt on the mailing list.
- We need more volunteers. We are planning to book an auditorium for next meetup.
- We need IT people to guide guests wi-fi connectivity & charging spots
- Inviting all other pm groups
- Training sessions targeting different audience , reach outs to Engineering colleges and FOSS groups.
- Showcasing Perl startups
Showing changes from previous revision.